Racial Inequality

Racial Inequality

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Trial

In this entry, I'll be discussing the Tom Robinson trial, Tom Robinson, a young African American man, was accused of raping Mayella Ewell, a white man named Bob Ewell's daughter. In the end, Tom was found guilty. Robinson was said to have a limp arm and would obviously not have the strength to do such a thing. In my opinion, I believe society is the cause of him being found guilty.
In TKAM, Atticus Finch states the something that I find really important during this time:
"We know all men are not created equal in the sense some people would have us believe--
some people are smarter than others, some people would have more opportunities because they're born with it..."
Atticus is telling the truth in this sense. Society during this time was clear on the fact the blacks and whites weren't equal. Someone else, whom I'm not sure by name, made the comment saying that if it was a white man accused, people would look past it. Its how society made people believe.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Atticus is right about all men is created equal but you should include in the blog when he got shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think that Atticus did bring up a very good point. Social stereotypes always seem to make people unequal. It tends to make people look past that everyone was born again but also ask What is equal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree strongly with this mainly because of the part of unity and being different. the facts that people are making everyone seem different and bringing out the race part is very shameful to me. i would love for once for the world to be all people no race and see that everyone's been the same thing which is a human.

    ReplyDelete